These submissions are open, opinionated pieces that invite the audience to think about the subject matter throughout the issue.
All text, including tables and figures descriptions, should be in Times New Roman font.
Spacing throughout the manuscript should be 1.5-spacing.
Should be in a .doc or .docx file
Should have a word limit of 1000-1500 words, excluding references.
If applicable, should have in-text citations formatted in American Medical Association’s Manual of Style, 10th edition only.
Image of the author (optional).
- Content should be logically organized according to the discretion of the author.
- References (if applicable) should have at most 2 citations. Authors should be aware that SJM holds a greater weight towards references that are from peer-reviewed, published journals and books. Each citation should be structured using the APA format.
Create a folder that is labeled using the following format: “LAST NAME, FIRST NAME_Full Article Title_SJM Edi Sub.” Within this folder, please put:
- A document containing your title, authors, and associated institutions, and acknowledgment section that is labeled “LAST NAME, FIRST INITIAL – Title and Acknowledgements.”
- Formatted manuscript (excluding the title page and acknowledgments), with its file name and the document itself labeled with full manuscript title. Please make sure that ALL personal information from this particular document is removed.
- Image of the author, labeled “Author Image.”